Thursday, June 23, 2011

DIY: dressing chairs

So awhile back I talked about all of my mismatched dressing chairs (post seen here) and I finally updated them with some spray paint and new fabric.  The project cost me a total of about $14!  $8 for 2 can's of Valspar Spray Paint in Seaside and $4 for the chair covers (made previously with my other DIY project seen here.)  I love how they add some bright color to our bedroom.

Chair one painted

Chair 2 before

Drying time

At the foot of the bed

So pretty (oh, and Aspen the fat cat had to get in the picture!)  And that pink rocker in the far right corner is my next project!

A close up view...I love how they are a bit of French with a nautical color.
The transfer is from Graphics Fairy...love that website!

Now I'm looking forward to a nice long weekend with family and will be back to the WWW on Tuesday!
Au reviour de couchers de soliel a` paillettes!

4 comments:

  1. I am always fascinated with you DIY projects. Love the wonderful turquoise, and they look fabulous at the end of the bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea. It's funny you should post this as I was stupidly standing on my dresser stool the other night and broke one of the legs. I was thinking of painting it once I get my dad to fix it (hubby is not a handyman...at all!) and the colour you chose is gorgeous. Thanks for the idea!

    Best wishes and happy Friday,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are Darling lil seats.. That color is so bright and cheerful.. The seat covers too cute as well
    Thanks for stopping by my blog-love yours..
    Karryann
    New Follower..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenna, I just love the colour you chose. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete